Mabou Mines’ performance initiative SUITE/Space provides artistic advisement, rehearsal space, stipend and public performances in our state-of-the-art, 99-seat theater to artists of color that share Mabou Mines’ commitment to breaking new ground in form and content. Four artists will be invited to show their work in the 2022 SUITE/Space Program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
SUITE/Space is open to NYC based artists of color from historically underrepresented communities who show a commitment to experimentation and a collaborative creative process. Multimedia, music, dance, theater, and cross-disciplinary projects are accepted. Proposed projects should be either previously produced or performance ready.
The 2022 SUITE/Space Program will run from September–December 2022. Submissions open on June 6 and proposals are due by June 30, 2022 at midnight. Three artists will be selected and notified by August 5, 2022. Final performances will take place in early December 2022.
SUITE/Space ARTISTS RECEIVE:
- A $4,000 stipend and a 50-50 box office split.
- 30 hours of rehearsal space in Mabou Mines’ sunlit studio in the East Village.
- Technical and administrative support.
- Studio visits with the program’s artistic advisors.
- 6 hours of technical rehearsal in the theater.
- Three SUITE/Space performances in a festival-like setting at Mabou Mines.
EXPECTATIONS FOR SUITE/Space ARTISTS
- Attend all monthly group meetings, schedule will be confirmed on the first meeting date.
- Provide Mabou Mines’ technical director with tech specs of the project at the start of the program.
- Participate in joint marketing efforts including Facebook posts and an artist takeover of Mabou Mines Instagram.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
by June 30, 2022 at midnight