MABOU MINES SUITE/Space
Mabou Mines’ performance initiative SUITE/Space provides artistic advisement, rehearsal space, stipend and public performances in our state-of-the-art, 99-seat theater to New York City-based artists of color that share Mabou Mines’ commitment to breaking new ground in form and content.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
SUITE/Space is open to artists of color from historically underrepresented communities who show a commitment to experimentation and a collaborative creative process. Multimedia, music, dance, theater, and cross-disciplinary projects are accepted. Proposed projects should be at an advanced stage of development or performance ready.
The 2023 SUITE/Space Program will run from August 2023 with performances in January 2024. Submissions are open May 2, 2023 – June 16, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Four artists will be selected and notified by July 31, 2023.
SUITE/Space ARTISTS RECEIVE:
- A $4,000 stipend and a 50-50 box office split.
- 40 hours of rehearsal space in Mabou Mines’ sunlit studio in the East Village.
- Technical and administrative support.
- Studio visits with the program’s Artistic Directors and guest advisors.
- 12 hours of technical rehearsal in the theater.
- Three SUITE/Space performances in a festival-like setting at Mabou Mines.
EXPECTATIONS FOR SUITE/Space ARTISTS
- Attend all monthly group meetings as scheduled.
- Further develop your proposed work over the course of four months, culminating in three performances at Mabou Mines.
- Ensure you have the rights to use any and all performance material included in your project.
- Provide Mabou Mines’ Production Manager with tech specs of the project.
- Participate in joint marketing efforts with Mabou Mines, designed with Mabou Mines’ Communications Director.
Applications are now closed. Thank you for your submissions. Guidelines provided for reference only.